Windchime

beehive windchime

Last week I assembled the wind chime that I made in pottery class. I wanted to make a buttery yellow beehive with lots of honeycomb patterning. I rushed through making the large daffodil bell, and wasn’t crazy about it, so I spent more time and care making another one in the next class. Turns out they work better together! The honeycomb ‘coins’ sounded like dull plastic when they clinked together. They needed to be part of a bell to truly make them ring. As I put it together, my husband and I kept laughing; it jingled comically and incessantly every time I handled it. The wind has a gentler touch!

windchime assembled

Now I just need to find a place to hang it safely outside.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s