I didn’t share this until now since it was a birthday gift for a certain little monkey (not the one pictured). It’s a basketweave patterned hat; here’s a link to it on Ravelry if you are interested in the details. It was a fun, quick knit, and there was enough yarn left to make a pixie hat for my daughter.
A couple of weeks ago, I took a knitting class to get some help with my sweater, which I was having a lot of trouble with. Since then, I have learned of a couple of major problems with my knitting, which was good to find out but definitely frustrating. The main thing I need to work on is that my knitting is too loose. It explains why my sweater was so large, despite having checked my gauge before starting. I am sorry to say this…but I had to pull it all out and start knitting the sweater all over again. And it seems to be taking forever. It’s a little depressing.
I also have a toddler sweater on the go, which has also come out quite large, but at least she will grow into it. Eventually. I am working on the sleeves, and I feel stalled in deciding how long to make them so she can still wear it this fall.
I was almost finished a hat for myself too, when I discovered a flaw in the pattern that I just couldn’t recover from. I have since been in touch with the designer, who has given me a new version of the pattern to try.
So, even though it has been a huge challenge lately, and not a very relaxing hobby at the moment, I have learned some important lessons. And I still managed to make two adorable hats for a couple of monkeys.